Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Triples run for the week of 9/14/11

OH MYYYY....

Have I mentioned lately how much I dislike the Extreme Couponing show?  Usually, there are two or three ladies waiting outside the doors during a HT "event", but today, there were about 20 there.  Not a problem, though.....I put on my game face and took off. 

I recruited my partner-in-crime (P-I-C) to go with me and he did very well (as usual).  We kicked some major butt.  We walked into the store at 7:00, shopped, checked out and loaded the bags into the car by 7:22.

As usual, I had my coupons pulled, my list ready and executed my strategy.

Sorry to toot my own horn, but this is a perfect example of how quickly you can get in and out in a minimal amount of time. All you have to do is stay focused and don't stop to talk.  You can speak while shopping and walking, but whatever you do, don't stop. (yea, right - I need to take my own advice.)

Both transactions were identical.

Retail Value: $44.46
VIC Savings: $8.92
Coupons: 32.05
OOP: $3.49
Savings of: 92%
Times 2 = $88.92 worth of groceries for $6.98

As usual, when I didn't expect it, the P-I-C blurts out something funny.  While in the store, I spoke to several ladies and he says "I think I've seen most of these people in my house" (coupon classes).

I hope you have a fantastic first day and an even better shopping week!

1 comment:

Janet said...

I saw the first evidence of extreme couponers here in Winston-Salem this evening! FOUR women, all cleaning off the shelves, all with huge 3-ring binders draped over the seat of their shopping carts. I couldn't believe it and tried hard not to join all the other people who were staring!