It seems that we ate more fresh veges and yogurt this month. I tried very hard (and think I succeeded) in not purchasing items that I already had tons of and that were not donatable. I have enough laundry detergent to last me for about 6-8 months (depending on how much I give to others), so $1.25 for detergent is not that great of a deal anymore.
Donations: My goal at the end of January that I was going to do a better job of keeping track of what I donated in February. I did not write anything down, but am going off of memory.
- I had a friend that moved and needed some necessities, so I gave her 22 bags of food/health and beauty stuff and cleaning supplies. Her 8 year old asked why I had a store in my basement.
- I gave a friend 6 packs of diapers.
- Took cleaning wipes, baby wipes and tissues to the church nursery.
- I had two classes and had a drawing at each of those ($50-$75 retail value at each).
- Gave various items to our church's food pantry (rice, crackers, juice, soup, peanut butter, lotion and various other items for the senior care boxes).
Also, I spent about $10 purchasing coupons in the month of February.
Okay, now for my totals:
Retail Value: $1,398.00
Coupon Savings: $715.00
Sale Savings: $429.00
Total Out of Pocket: $254
Savings Rate: 81.87%
I just might go crazy and list $200 for the month of March. Why not!?!?!
Goals for March? I will continue to donate as I did in February and also try to come up with different recipes in order to use up some of the meat in my freezer. Also, I will have 1-2 beginner coupon classes and at least one advanced (free, of course).