Thursday, November 4, 2010

Aldi, week of 11/3 - 11/9 and Ronnie's Country Store



Aldi is kicking some major butt this week with their lower-than-normal prices. I used to shop a lot a Aldi before couponing, but they do not accept coupons.

They do have some great prices on milk, eggs and other essentials, but this week is exceptionally good:

10 lb bag Russet Potatoes, $1.99
Del Monte Gold Pineapple, $1.49
Baby Carrots 16 oz. Bag .49

Broccoli Crowns, 16oz. .75/lb
Happy Harvest canned veges .39
Chef's Cupboard Stuffing Mix, .69

I try my best to buy local produce and visit the farmer's market at the Dixie Classic fairgrounds during the summer, but in the winter, Ronnie's Country Store is my go-to place.  I purchase most of my fruits/veges there for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.  They are local - NC, SC and sometimes GA. They have country ham in the back of the store that is sliced to order.  Also, they have fatback (for the collards that I don't eat), barrels of beans and barrels of candy.  Can't beat it!! AND their prices are great.

No comments: