It seems these days that the new "black" in the money saving world are websites that sell discounted deals/gift certificates.
Restaurant.com has been around for a while, but there are several new websites....
I have mentioned Groupon to you before in this post: Groupon.
I purchased gift certificates to Ben and Jerry's, Nobles, Ryan's and Cafe Press (for a photo on canvas) and have been very happy.
Also, there is a housewares site that has various deals: Housewares
There is a new one that my friend Sue forwarded me via email today. It is called "Living Social", Link: LS
It appears to be very similiar to Groupon. I copied the blurb below directly from their website:
How It Works
When you see a deal that tickles your fancy, here's what to do:
- BUY. Get in on the deal of the day
- SHARE. If 3 of your friends buy the same deal using your link, you get your deal for FREE
- WAIT. Your deal will be ready to print within 1 business day
- PRINT. Follow the instructions on your deal to redeem it
- SAVE. Enjoy your favorite spots around town at huge discounts