Monday, January 17, 2011

FRESH Seafood from Brandon at Atlantic Coast Seafood

Let me start this post off by telling you about a small portion of my childhood.   Seafood.  Both of my parents and their parents and probably their parents grew up on the coast.  If you don't like seafood and are in my family, people wonder which delivery man is your father.....not really.....but maybe!

Family from both Mom and Dad's side harvested from the ocean.  Shrimp, fish, clams, mussels, crab, lobster.....dare I go on? If the shrimp was not longer than fingertip to palm, my Grandfather would say "They ain't no count, not big enough to mess with".  We looked at him like he was crazy.  15 of those bad boys would make up a pound!

Growing up, we had seafood all of the time.  At home, at Grandma's house - everywhere!  As a kid, it was nothing special, but since we lived two and a half hours away and as I progressed in my teenage years, the trips were less frequent and I could understand my parents' longing for it.

Fast forward to modern day.  I have one Grandmother left and she's not taking the shrimping boat out any time soon, so we rely on uncles and cousins and when they don't "harvest", we purchase. Spending money on FRESH seafood is not an issue at all with all of the money we save in couponing. Which brings us to the point of this post.  Fresh seafood delivered.  Yes, delivered....maybe not directly to your doorstep, but not far away.

It all started with one of my co-workers/friends RAVING every Monday about the seafood that her and her hubby had over the weekend.  Most people start Monday morning conversations with..."How was your weekend?"  MY co-worker/friend starts by saying "We had the most amazing ____________ (insert seafood here) this weekend.  We got it from our seafood guy, Brandon.  Hummmm.  I wanted to join this party!

Brandon has a weekly list that he emails out. He takes orders and drives to Edisto Island, SC and picks up the seafood.  The deadline to order is Thursday at 5:00 p.m.  I ordered a WHOLE flounder, one pound of lump crab meat and a bag of mussels.



Throw in a batch of frozen shrimp from Uncle Charles and you've got a fantastic meal.




This is the way that the family freezes shrimp.  The head them, put them in the quart/half gallon paper milk cartons, fill with cold water and freeze them.  They stay VERY fresh this way. Can you tell my Aunt is a retired nurse?  She used surgical tape to seal it.
 
For the flounder, I salted and baked it for about 40 minutes....head and tail intact.
 
A little of this, a little of that for the crab cakes.  Add cayenne pepper for a little kick.
 
Mom's biscuits that were left over from New Years (that I froze) were perfect to toast, crumble and make shrimp stuffing. 
 


Once again, a little of this, a little of that. I used the smaller shrimp for this dish.


 
 
Next on the lineup is mussels.  These were super easy.   A little Marsala wine, brought to a boil and steamed for about 8 minutes with the lid on.....PERFECT! My new Le Creuset pan really made it easy.
 
 
 
So here's the final look at dinner.....Baked Flounder, Crab Cakes, Steamed Mussels, Sauteed Shrimp, Shrimp Stuffing and Brown Rice.
 
 
Our 3 year old guest was exceptionally excited about the fish.  She liked eating it, but more importantly, liked looking at it.  The 8 month old also enjoyed the fish.....ummming after every bite.
 
Check out Brandon's website for more information, AtlanticCoastSeafood.net
Sign up for his weekly emails while you are there.

The information below was copied directly from his email:

HOW TO ORDER:

You can either respond to this email or call me to order...Please Please Please, leave me a phone number, address, and time range for Friday afternoon or Saturday morning that works best for you. If something changes just call me!

HOW TO PAY:
I accept cash, check, or credit card on site!

Referral Offer:
For anyone you tell about me and my seafood, just have them mention your name when ordering, and I will take 8% off both of your orders, Just think, if you told one person a week, you would always get 8% off and then have bragging rights, lol! They can go to my website to see what I have for the week until I add them for the next week. Ok, enough of that, thank you in advance for the referrals!

BERMUDA RUN & CLEMMONS AREA CUSTOMERS:
I will also take orders from you guys and deliver to that area as well. I HIGHLY encourage the referral offer to you because I don't have as many customers in that area and would love to try and build it up. I would greatly appreciate any word of mouth in there. I had a lot of people buying from me when I was selling there, but never got their email so I couldn't add them to the mailing list. Please specify your location when ordering!

ORDER CUT-OFF TIME
THURDAY'S AT 5:00PM
Brandon Marshall
336-314-4406
AtlanticCoastSeafood@hotmail.com

AtlanticCoastSeafood.net

No comments: