Sunday, January 30, 2011

Update: Issues with Internet Printable Coupons at Food Lion on Reynolda Road

Updates for Monday, 1/31 in PURPLE
Updates for Sunday, 1/30 in ORANGE
Updates for Tuesday, 2/1 in BLUE
Update for Tuesday afternoon in GREEN
Update for Wednesday in RED
FL's coupon policy is FINALLY on their webpage, Link: FL (bottom on the page)

I spoke with customer service this morning and they took my information. I told them the trouble that I had on Sunday and he was going to contact the store manager and upper management.  I also told him that the coupon policy was not on the website over the weekend, but I had it now.  He told me that if I went there and had any more trouble, to call customer service while in the store.

I visited the Reynolda store for myself Sunday - mid morning and the manager checked me out. He would only accept one of my coupons.  I told him that the coupon policy was to accept 10 of the same coupons and asked him if he had a copy of the policy - he did not.  He called another store and they told him that he could accept 10.  He questioned them - twice.  He told me that he would accept 10, but he would probably get in trouble.  I told him that I did not want that, thanked him and walked toward the door.  He told me to come back - twice. I paid and left with my 10 boxes of pasta. As in this location's fashion, another cashier was ringing out customer in another lane and was constantly looking back at me and shaking her head.

I visited the Murray/Shattalon store last night and the asst. mgr did not want to take my coupons.  I had a very nice conversation with him (I am not being sarcastic) about the origin of these coupons, their coupon policy and he provided me with information regarding coupon fraud in their particular store.  I was EXTREMELY impressed with his customer service skills in our conversation.  I walked out of the store with my 10 boxes of pasta AND purchased two hams that were on sale for $10 ea.  I am not gloating and do not feel that I "won", but he did not want to loose my business.

Local mgmt is having a conference call today regarding these coupons and the acceptance in the local stores.  I will update this post when I find out the results.  I feel like I have a part-time job at Food Lion these days.  I have been in the stores and talking with customer service alot recently. Hopefully we will get this ironed out soon.

The sale doesn't end until 2/15, so hopefully they will resolve this, since we have another two weeks of  the sale.

Update regarding the conference call.  The Shattalon/Murray road says that they will accept these coupons.  I have not confirmed with the Reynolda Road location BUT, someone posted on afullcup.com (this is where I get a lot of my information/deals) that corporate has deemed these coupons as valid and will accept them. Please leave a comment if you have any more trouble.

And the saga continues. It seems like the FLs that WERE taking them are NOT now (North Point and Hawthorne Road locations) and the one that was NOT is (Shattalon/Murray Road). I will call corporate AGAIN in the morning.  I really need to send them an invoice for my consulting services!)

The district manager called me and was very apologetic.  She offered some explanations that made perfect sense (based upon the managers getting burned previously with fraudulent coupons AND their concern for stock on the shelf).  I stressed to her that a group of us were purchasing these for our church's food pantry and that I was asking non-couponers to purchase items using coupons. I told her how terrible they felt when they were accused of using fraudulent coupons. She is helping the food pantry get the stock that we need.

For those of you who are still getting told that you cannot use these coupons, I suggest that you either switch stores or call corporate.

Good Luck Everyone!!!
 I have heard from several of you that are having trouble using the Mueller's pastas internet printable at the Reynolda Road location (they are on sale for $1 this week and there is a $1 printable that is a pdf.)  Not only are you getting the "I wonder if these are legit" looks, but they are also limiting you to 3 items, instead of 10, which their coupon policy clearly states; unfortunately, their own employees and customer service managers do not know their own policy.


This is a perfect example of why you should have the coupon policy printed out and with you at all times.  They have the policy on their website under FAQ at the bottom of the main page.  There is not excuse for not having this.......oh, but wait.....how you click "here" for the coupon policy where there is no button or link to click....aka....it's NOT on the webpage.  I have googled "Food Lion Coupon Policy" and have gotten a lot of hits on blogs that have the link, but when I click on the link I get the "page not displayed".  Apparently the links are old/FL has pulled the policy.

This is really hurting our church's food pantry.  This is the closest location to our church and a lot of my "followers" visit that location. 

I have called the customer service line, but they are closed after noon on Saturday and do not open until 8:00 a.m. on Monday.  I will call then, and rest assured that this will resolved Monday morning.

I will update this post when I get an answer to this.

4 comments:

Deedee said...

The lady at the one on Stratford Food Lion wouldn't let me use mine either.

Teresa said...

I had no problem at all about using mine at the North Point Food Lion. The cashier just joked about someone liking pasta.

Deedee said...

I had no trouble this morning at the FL on NC Hwy 150 (way down on Peters Creek). I knew they wouldn't have any issues and I should have just gone there to begin with. Thanks for calling them and updating us!

Teresa said...

I had no trouble at the Shattalon/Murray Rd location last night. The cashier didn't even blink an eye, though she did seem a little...disdainful, lol. I'm guessing that she must have been thinking, "One of *those* people again" or something along those lines. Hehe.