Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grocery Store deals for the week of 1/19- 1/25/11 Lowes Foods UPDATE

See the update regarding Lowes Foods below in ORANGE.

A couple of comments about this week. 

I really need whole chickens.  I am totally out - I know, say it isn't so.....I cook, debone and freeze them for a quick chicken casserole or chicken quesadillas or chicken stew or chicken and rice....I could go on and on.  Last week got away from me and I didn't make it to Food Lion until Tuesday night, the last night of the sale.  I stopped on the way home and they were out (got a raincheck) and send DH out after dinner and that location was out as well (he got a raincheck). Moral of the story - don't wait until the last night to shop.....unless you want a raincheck.  I must really be living right - HT has whole chickens this week so I win!!!  Yipee!!!

One more thing....I went to HT on Tuesday night to do the handful of final deals before the new sale started on Wednesday and made the rounds, making sure I spoke to all of my HT friends before I left the store.  I borrowed a couple of CDs from one of them.

I was leaving for work the next day and wanted to make sure I had the CDs, so I asked my husband if he knew where they were. They were on the corner of the table, right where I could find them.  As he was walking me to the car, he said the funniest thing (which he often does).   "Missy, you know that HT is your Cheers....where everybody knows your name."  Yea, I know......









Fresh Chicken Leg Quarter, .59/lb






E-VIC:
Tide 50 oz. $4.97, limit 1 (non E-VIC Price $5.97)
Use the $1 from the 12/26 P&G
= $3.97 or $4.97 non-E-VIC

Earthbound Farms Organic Salads, BOGO at $1.99 ea
Use the $1 printable, Link: EF
= .99
This is a fantastic price - They are normally $3.99 ea!!!

Jumbo Cantaloupes, BOGO at $1.49 ea
Washington Extra Large Fuji or Gala Apples, $1.69 lb
Florida Large Red Grapefruit, .99 lb

Rotisserie Chicken $4.99

HT Fresh Whole Fryer Chicken .59/lb, limit 4

Sashimi Grade Tilapia Fillets, $2.99/lb

Campbell's Chicken Noodle or Tomato Soup, BOGO at .42 ea
Use the .25/4 from the 1/9 SS
= .30 ea

Healthy Choice Soup $1.29
Use the $1/2 from 1/2 SS
= .79 ea

Chef Boyardee Cups, 7.5 oz., .80 ea
Use the .35/3 from the 1/2 SS
= .56 ea.

"Give Us a Try" promo:
Buy Post Honey Bunches of Oats for $2, get HT Oats & More with Honey FREE.
Use the .75 from the 1/9 SS
= .50 for 2 boxes of cereal
This is a great donation item!!!

Smart Balance Microwave Popcorn $1.59
Use the .75 coupon from the 1/16 SS
= .09
 
Bestlife Spread $1.29
Use the $1 coupon from the 1/2 SS
OR the $1 printable, Link: BL
= .29

Kraft Shredded Cheese BOGO at $1.74 ea
Use the .75 printable, Link: Kraft
There were also a couple of printables (no longer available)
.50 IP = .74
.75 IP = .24

Pillsbury Grands Biscuits, 10/$10
Use the .30/2 printable, Link: Grands
= .70 ea
OR use the .40/3 from the 1/2 GM
= .74 ea

Birds Eye Steamfresh Vegetables or Rice, BOGO at  $1.09 ea
Use the .50 printable, Link: BE or BE
= .09 ea


Green Giant Mixed Vegetables or Broccoli in White Cheddar, BOGO at .84 ea
Use the .50 printable, Link: BE
= FREE
 


Yellow Onions, 3 lb bag, $2.50

Fresh 93% Lean Ground Beef, BOGO at $2.50/lb

Sanderson Farms Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, BOGO at $2.15/lb
(Stockpile price is $1.69/1.79/lb)
Southern Style All Natural Pork Ribs, BOGO at $1.24/lb.

Shady Brook Farms 85% Lean Ground Turkey, BOGO at $1.64/lb

Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce, 18 oz., BOGO at $1.24 ea

Stonyfield Yogurt 6 oz., .50
Use the .50/3 printable, Link: St
= .50 for 3

Thanks goes to Melony for her comment about this on southernsavers.com:
Chex Mix, BOGO at $1.33 ea
Use the Lowes Foods $3 off 4 in-ad coupon that came out a few weeks ago - they should have a copy at the Customer Service Desk. If not, the PLU is 8219.

#1: Purchase 3, get $1.50 ONYO catalina
= Pay $1.74 OOP
= .24 after LF coupon and catalina

#2: Purchase 4, get $2.50 ONYO catalina
= $2.32 OOP
= .18 MONEYMAKER after LF coupon and catalina

#3: Purchase 5, get $3.50 ONYO catalina
= $2.90 OOP
= .60 MONEYMAKER after catalina
WARNING....I just did this deal at the LF on University and the Chex Mix rang up $1.49 (online price is $1.33 AND when I purchased 5, it only took off $3 instead of $3.75.  I have an email into corporate and will update this post when I hear back.
I heard back from corporate this morning and they are looking into it.  "The prices are set according to districts the stores are located in. The prices we charge our customers are determined by the cost of the product to us from our distributors." Blah Blah, Blah Blah.  
I went to the Reynola Manor LF. I was able to get a copy of the ad (the other location was out) and they were the lower price at $1.33 ea. It's only a price difference of .17 ea, and it's not worth going back and returning the first batch that I got, but it's the principle of the matter. I purchased 5 and $3.00 came off with the Also, since I had the ad in front of me, I requested that the additional .75 be taken off and the cashier did so happily.

Pepsi, 2 liter, BOGO at .85 ea

No comments: