Saturday, November 21, 2009

Donation Reminder - Remember those in need

With the holiday season fastly approaching, please make an effort to pick up extra items while shopping for those in need.  My goal while shopping/couponing is to pick up items for .25 or less for donations.  As I mentioned on a previous post, our church has discovered a need in our community.  There is a set of HUD apartments (about 100) that is close in proximity to our church. They can use about anything that you would like to donate.  As you can expect, food is at the top of the list. Contact me if you would like to donate and I will coordinate pick up or you can drop it off directly at the apartments.

Logistically, it's very easy to give this time of year.  The Second Harvest Food Bank has donation barrels in most grocery stores. Can't get much more convenient than that!

Also, did you know that the Second Harvest Food  Bank supports programs all over the city?  I discovered a nursing home close to my work that partners with them.  I was able to drop the items off on the way to work at 7:00 a.m. and not have to drive downtown.

Don't forget the little ones.  Pick up an extra toy or two for donating while shopping.

Happy Shopping!!!

No comments: