Monday, December 14, 2009

Makeup Clearance at Wags

Wags is in the process of  clearancing some great makeup.  I purchase the below products for a mere $2.52.  They were all on clearance for $2.19 and I had $2.00 qs. 


Please excuse the blurry receipt below, but I wanted to show you my savings. Wags advertised savings was $40.60 and coupon savings was $14.00 for a grand total savings of $54.60. WOW - who says stockpiling doesn't pay???


As I like to say "You can't beat that with a stick!!!"

I would've had eight items, but one of my favorite Wags cashier was interested in them, so I shared one of my coupons with her.  Don't be stingy with your coupons - SHARE!!!  I have some more qs on order with ebay and going to share even more - and get more cheap makeup!!

This time of year, up until about March,  a lot of stores are re-doing their makeup walls.  You can get some great deals.  Last year (Jan. or Feb.), I got 25 makeup items for about $5.00.  I had coupons for the full value of the clearanced items and just paid tax. 

This is one of the reasons that I used to clip ALL coupons and file them in my 3" binder when I first began couponing in January.  I would break out into cold sweats if I came across a great deal and didn't have my qs with me.  By summer, I had a good enough stockpile that unless the non-neccesary items were free (not including tax), I would not purchase them. Now, I don't clip everything.  I am able to walk away from the free items if I do not have the coupon with me and not feel guilty.  I may think about it a couple of times and contemplate the time/energy and gas that it would cost to go home and get my coupon, return to the store to purchase it and risk it not being there, but I don't break out into cold sweats........baby steps......it's only been a year!

I do however still beat myself up when I don't make it to the grocery store before the sale ends to get free items.  There are hungry people out there and I can't get out of the car in the rain or am too tired to stop on the way home from work to get the free food?  SLACKER!!!!  Okay, I'm working on this........(to plan better and stop earlier in the week).

Don't know how I got on THAT tangent, but that's all for now.

No comments: